Management’s goal of migrating time consuming paper tasks to a digital platform that easily, accurately and consistently reports and analyses day-to-day remote worker and vehicle activities is here.
Combining Smartrak’s powerful information gathering and analytical capability with the feature-packed Garmin 790 closes the gap between head office and operations in the field.
This innovative partnership significantly improves management’s awareness and control of the business operations undertaken by remote workers, and delivers positive benefits for worker safety.
“Want more detail and real-time updates from on-the-ground situations?”
“Do you know the condition of vehicles before they leave the lot?”
“Do you struggle to produce accurate evidence for incidents that involve fleet vehicles?”
The Garmin 790’s dual-purpose camera automatically records video upon impact, providing a reliable record of incidents with accurate time and GPS positioning information.
The work-ready platform to successfully manage
remote tasking and mobile workforces.
Plug and play installation removes the need to take vehicles out of service for the more complex and expensive installations required with many other systems.
Feature-packed Garmin 790 with full GPS navigation capability, driver behaviour detection and dual-purpose camera, all included within a suite of productivity tools that will keep your teams working and safe in the field.
Smartrak and Garmin 790 – system features
The Garmin 790 system has been designed from the ground up to bring our expertise into the heart of your operations. This is the future of telematics; a deep and seamless integration that will ensure the insight our technology provides delivers organisation-wide benefits.
Smartrak functionality supported by the Garmin 790
- Integrates with most Smartrak reporting
- Key on/off
- Moving from stopped
- Time-based movement
- Direction changed
- Geofence enter/exit
- Fleet servicing module
- Pool booking, including mobile pool booking
- Automatic off-road travel calculation for RUC refunds
- Posted speed limit detection
- Mobile forms
Any Android based application that meets the operating requirements of the system can also be loaded onto the device, such as job sheets, time sheets, and mobile invoicing. Alongside this, Smartrak is committed to an ongoing development programme that will be adding further features.
Garmin 790 device features
- Dual-purpose camera (in mount for continuous dash recording and out of vehicle as a portable task/situation recorder)
- Road-facing camera automatically records incident video with embedded impact detection
- 7” capacitive multi-touch display with standard tablet applications (web browser, calculator, email, calendar)
- Full GPS capability, including lifetime maps and traffic
- High-speed wireless modem (WIFI and cellular 3G/4G)
- Bluetooth and USB connectivity
- Hands-free calling and answering
- Phone book access
- POI upload
- Vehicle specific routing
- Driver behaviour detection with aggressive driving alerts and over speed severity
- Lane departure and collision warnings
- Customization manager for easy fleet-wide installation
- Rear camera support (with additional hardware)
Start the journey to a better business with Smartrak and the Garmin 790