PoolCar – Pool Booking
Smartrak’s PoolCar, Pool Booking solution provides a platform to manage, monitor and book your fleet’s shared vehicles and assets.
As part of Smartrak’s platform, PoolCar takes the headache out of vehicle and equipment allocations, allowing greater visibility of your shared fleet, its use and availability whilst improving accessibility.
The PoolCar solution provides an easy to use self-service function to make online bookings, recording the destination, and add notes related to the journey.
PoolCar isn’t just limited to tracked assets either, with virtualised assets able to be added to help manage their use and allocation. Examples of this include EV chargers, generators and personal safety devices.
Improve your fleet’s pool vehicle management with PoolCar today!
Maximise vehicle utilisation
Improve vehicle access
Stop unauthorised use
Standardise the Booking Process
The online booking calendar is updated in real time and provides a simple, easy to use system that can be accessed from a web browser, smartphone or tablet. Search for available cars by motor pool location, chassis type, transmission and accessories such as winches and tow-bars.
Customise the booking form to capture Fringe Benefits Tax (FBT) data, cost center codes, project codes and custom fields.
Use Check In/Out to Capture Actuals
Bookings are the reservation for a vehicle. We can also capture when the car was actually taken and returned with the Check Out/In feature. When a car is Checked Out, the color of the booking changes to show it as ‘in progress’. Automatically cancel bookings that have not been checked out within a certain amount of time.
On Check In, capture vital data from the driver such as the parking location, overnight garaging, fuel level and if there is any damage that needs looking at.
Booking data then flows through to the Log Book report, which means you can eliminate paper log books once and for all.
Measure Utilisation and Optimise Fleet Size/Mix
Smartrak’s PoolCar, Pool Booking solution is all about who, when and why your fleet vehicles are used. Significant cost savings can be achieved by truly understanding the utilisation picture and disposing of under-utilised assets. PoolCar provides you with detailed data and reports to fully optimise your fleet size and mix against operational requirements. Here’s a worked example:
- Assumed average annual running cost per vehicle = $8,000 p.a.
- 100 vehicle fleet = $800,000 expenditure per year
- 10% fleet reduction = 10 cars
- Annual savings = $80,000 per year, recurring.
In reducing fleet size, the challenge is to enable the day-to-day operations to continue without impact albeit with fewer cars. The challenge is essentially one of balancing supply versus demand. Smartrak technologies make sharing cars more efficient, with features like approval triggers, intra-agency sharing, general broad pools versus departmental fleet silos and automatic cancellation of ‘no shows’ – bookings that are made by staff just in case and the car doesn’t actually move.
PoolCar is a very flexible and feature rich shared fleet booking platform. The culmination of years of research and development; talking with fleet operators across 13 countries has exposed our software engineering team to just about every imaginable scenario when it comes to shared corporate vehicles. Here’s a glimpse of some advanced features, keeping in mind this is not the complete list!
- Self-Serve – users book vehicles themselves, resulting in significant administration savings if you currently have a gatekeeper or manual process.
- Approval Triggers – automate an email-based approval workflow for bookings that meet rule-based criteria, such as overnight bookings.
- Access Groups – partition vehicles into separate pools and control access to which departments or cost centres can book those assets.
- Buffers – build in a mandatory buffer of, say, 15 minutes to the end of each booking to minimise disruptions should the driver be running late.
- Custom Booking Fields – capture all the data you need by adding custom fields to the booking form.
- In/Out Board – At-a-Glance view of the entire fleet, which cars are in and when the out cars are due back.
- Automatically cancel ‘no shows’ – cars that are not checked out within a certain time frame can be automatically cancelled, freeing up the vehicle for other staff.
- Late Return alerts – send alerts to the administrators when a car is overdue, so that the adjacent booking holder is not inconvenienced.
- Outlook Calendar Integration – each confirmed booking has an email receipt with a calendar attachment.
- Drag-n-Drop – car damaged or custodian called in sick? No need to cancel and re-book, simply drag and drop the booking onto another car.
- Passenger Manifest – encourage car pooling by inviting colleagues to be a passenger in your booking.
- Key Management – PoolCar is fully integrated with the KeyMaster electronic key cabinet and the keyless entry hardware.
- Customisable Templates – Modify the standard wording to suit your organisation for email alerts and notifications.
- Auditing and Logging – full event-based auditing of what users are doing in the system.
- Accreditation – limit access to specialised equipment that requires the user to have received training or attained an accreditation.
- Utilisation Balancing – automatically sort vehicles by lowest utilisation, environmental friendliness or manual ranking.
- Reports – powerful reporting where data can be displayed in live charts and graphs, or export data to Excel for further analysis.
- Fleet Management – integrated modules for fleet management, maintenance, servicing and more.
- Powerful Data Integration – import data from existing systems such as HR and Finance. Experience includes Oracle, SAP and Peoplesoft.
- Single Sign On – PoolCar can be integated with standard SSO options such as ADFS, AzureAD and SAML.
- Secure – all data can be encrypted in transit and at rest. All nightly database backups are encrypted with daily vulnerability scanning using industry leading tools.
- Cloud Hosting or On-Premise – all cloud servers are hosted with the world’s no. 1 managed cloud provider, RackSpace.
- Support Level Agreement (SLA) – backed by our support team with automated monitoring of service level performance and response times.
Considered going keyless?
Ensure Seamless Vehicle Access
Ensure PoolCar provides the maximum value for your organisation through the integration of key management solutions. Don’t risk staff losing keys, forgetting to return them to the appropriate location, or having staff run around the office trying to track down previous vehicle users. Ensure your fleet’s keys are managed in a secure, accountable, and efficient solution and keep your fleet moving unencumbered.
Move your fleet’s shared vehicle management to the world’s No.1 Pool Booking system! Talk to a Smartrak expert.