There’s a better way to manage keys!
An electronic key cabinet which conveniently centralises the storage and management of your pool vehicle or asset keys.
The KeyMaster seamlessly integrates with the Pool Booking system to book and manage employee access to keys based on authorisation and time-based rules, avoiding the issue of staff taking the wrong keys for the incorrect vehicle.
Without the issues of unauthorised use, vehicles are more consistently available, improving the efficiency of your fleet pool and minimising disruption.
Eliminates unauthorised use or cases of taking the incorrect keys
- Ability to use for non-tracked assets including tractors and mowers
- Scalable to accommodate any fleet size
How it works
KeyMaster is wall mounted appliance that works ‘out-of-the-box’ with the Smartrak Pool Booking system.
When staff make a vehicle booking they are given a unique booking number. When it comes time to depart, they enter that booking number into the touch screen. For take-home cars, staff use their Employee ID and a recurring nightly booking.
KeyMaster then validates the booking number and guides the driver through the Check Out process. One such prompt is to ask the driver if they still hold a valid drivers licence.
The driver is asked to open the door and the slot containing the key which corresponds to their booking lights up. The locking pin is released and the driver removes the key. Whilst this happens, the integrated camera takes a photograph of the driver for audit purposes.
When returning, the driver taps the fob on the built-in RFID reader. This ensures the cabinet knows exactly which set of keys are being returned.
The driver is presented with optional Check In prompts to capture data such as ending odometer, fuel level and if there is any damage or problems with the car.
The ‘home’ slot for this set of keys lights up and the user inserts the fob, closes the door. Transaction complete!
Considered going keyless?
Watch a Short Video Demonstration
Desktop PC Configuration
KeyMaster can be configured from your desktop PC using a web-browser.
KeyMaster was designed to be compact and affordable. We freight your order to you by courier. Installation is performed by your on-site facilities staff, with the units simply screwed onto a timber/ masonry wall.
You will need a nearby Ethernet socket and standard 10A power outlet. The units can be wired through the wall, or there are knock-outs top and bottom for external wiring.
- Unattended, self-serve check in/out via user-friendly LCD touch screen
- Can only take keys for a valid booking
- Audit trail for ‘Who Had It’
- Uninterruptable Power Supply (UPS) to cope with loss of power
- Bright green light to indicate which key to take (or slot to return key to)
- Check-In process optional prompts for Odometer, Damage, Fuel, FBT
- Power and Ethernet can be run to cabinet either from ceiling or floor, connectivity top and bottom
- Unobtrusive, compact wall mount design. Powder coated white will suit any office decor
- Records to-the-minute times for accurate charge out
- Integrated camera ‘snaps’ a picture of the person taking the keys
- Combined with Pool Booking, eliminates the need for in-vehicle log books
- Can be used for all types of keys requiring access control – not just cars
Think the KeyMaster might be the right fit for your organisation? Talk to a Smartrak expert.